When it comes to buying a house, there's many types you can choose from. To generalize them, you can choose a home that's been established for quite some time now or a brand new, freshly built home.
- You can get creative with the builder and discuss the floor plans and personalize it to be what you want.
- All the appliances are new and are more energy efficient. Also, better insulation and windows!
- New appliances = smart technology. Allows you to automate internet cable, speakers and alarm systems. New homes also use low- and zero- volatile organic compound paints and materials.
- Less maintenance because of it being new!
- AMMENITIES!!!! With new houses in new developments, it is more likely to bring community spaces (parks, pools, etc.). It will also make you closer to schools and transits.
- More likely to spend more on maintenance because it is older. This may include the floors, electrical setup, water damage, outdated appliances and possibly more.
- No choice in how your floorplan is unless you basically renovate the whole house.
- Lower price for the house, lower property tax, and more property!
- They are more often then not built closer to town centers.
- Some of the older homes are usually not in a high demand because everyone wants what's brand new, so the availability is higher!
- Increasing property value is a lot easier because it is older and updating it brings a major increase oppose to someone else updating a not-so-old house.