Bright and bold boho and Scandinavian minimalism styles are popular for the outdoors this summer. The lines have been blurred between what’s indoor-only and what you can use outside, which means it’s never been easier to create an outdoor space that’s
cohesive with your indoor design.
Here’s the rundown of this year’s five hottest outdoor trends:
1. Mixed materialsBrass, rope, textured upholstery and webbing are combining in new, unexpected ways for outdoor spaces. Chandeliers, soft rugs and cozy floor cushions are now popular for outside, and new fabric options now include outdoor-safe velvets,
leathers and nubby chenilles.
2. Minimalism Scandinavian minimalist design is now showing up in outdoor furnishings. Lounge chairs, love seats and bistro tables are trending this summer in lightweight, powder-coated aluminum. Finish the look with neutrals like black, white
and gray, or mix-and-match with a natural material like teak.
3. Hot and CozyThis summer it’s all about elevated outdoor spaces that feel as stylish, comfortable and functional as interiors — with all the amenities. Fire features and outdoor kitchens continue to be extremely popular, providing a sense of “indoor
cozy.” Beyond adding ambiance, home listings mentioning outdoor kitchens and outdoor fireplaces often sell for significantly more than expected.
4. Splash of colorSplashes of bold color are brightening up neutral upholstered furnishings. This summer’s top color trend of citrus-bright oranges, reds, yellows and pinks are lively and vibrant outside. Think about adding a touch of Living Coral
or play with newly trending emerald green in your accessories.
5. Go greenEco-conscious landscaping, outdoor furnishings and fixtures have gained traction this year. Living walls make a design statement and reduce your carbon footprint, and solar-powered LED accent lights provide upgraded illumination without
complex wiring or tricky installation. When it comes time to sell, listings mentioning outdoor lighting were associated with homes selling for 19% more than expected.
Go beautify your home for this summer! The neighbors will be in awe!